Saturday, March 7, 2009

Home Alone

Today was my Alone day. I sat and did absolutely nothing. Or atleast things that could classify as nothing. What I did do, which was a lot of fun also, was order pizza and watch Two Weeks Notice.

Its about this lawyer girl who has these things she fights for and stuff... and how she gets hired and eventually falls for this super rich corporate (here I'm refraining from using the term capitalist) guy. And how he falls in love with her back despite her being an un-feminine, annoying know-it-all type person. And how in the end she decides she'll be less obnoxious and he quits his job (or something to the effect) in order to be together.

Its kinda cute... and in some way implies that there is hope in the world for people like me...
There was a line in there that said - "The world will only change so long as people can change". And it wasnt for one type of people to become more like the other type. It was about both type of people reaching a common consensus...making almost equal number of alterations to exist in harmony...

That makes it slightly easier in my mind to sometimes compromise on things i hold strongly on most other occassions... like the wedding celebrations...As I told gita ma'am... Marx, Weber, Durkhiem and all sorts of feminist theorists were glaring me in the face while i enjoyed my brothers wedding in a resort in jaipur that was made to feel like a village simulation. And I ignored them and I danced and dressed up and looked all pretty. I engaged with all energy in activities that brought about family bonding... like dance to gujju (which i must say i actually enjoyed in the right spirit(s))...
And to be honest... it was a good feeling for the most of it. I needed it and hence I think I need some amounts of me being "not standing up for something" or not "judging someone" or making decisions and choices only based on a/some school of thought.

And hence another journey of seeking balance.... tsk tsk..must it always be this hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment